Featured Post

Mykool's 'Likes' on SoundCloud

Mykool's 'Likes' on SoundCloud

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Avocado Fudgesicles - Katie Quinn

Avocado Fudgesicles are a combination of two of my favorite things. This can't be anything but great!
So delicious, and quite healthy, too! Did I mention they're also gluten-free and vegan? Yup.
I made these because several of you commented suggesting I make Avocado Fudgesicles. So, thank you for the amazing suggestion!!!! You guys rock.
(Recipe and more info, below)
---
I got this fantastic recipe from the blog Tasty Yummies: tasty-yummies.com.
Here's how you make them:
-6 dates (pits removed)
-3/4 cup water
-2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
-1/2 cup cocoa powder
-3 tablespoons maple syrup
-1 cup canned coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1/4 cup shredded coconut (this is completely optional. For fun I made half of my batch include coconut).
Soak the dates for about 30 minutes in the 3/4 cup water until they soften a bit (to make them easier to blend). Then add in the remaining ingredients and blend! Blend it until its smooth and creamy.
Amazingly, this can be eaten as a delicious pudding at this stage! Or, if you want to go all the way and make them into fudgesicles, you can spoon it into your popsicle molds. Freeze overnight.
The next day--they are ready to be enjoyed! It helps to run the molds under hot water--the fudgesicles will come out smoother.
I hope you guys like them as much as I do -- the avocado makes them so creamy!!! Yummmm.
--
Follow me on:
YouTube: www.youtube.com/TheQKatie
Instagram: www.instagram.com/qkatie
Twitter: www.twitter.com/qkatie
Snapchat -- qkatie
Produced, filmed, edited and hosted by Katie Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment